Easy Maple Pecan Croissant French Toast
Looking for a way to use up day old croissants, or make a crowd-pleasing brunch? Try this easy recipe for Easy Maple Pecan Croissant French Toast Bake! You can make this ahead the night before, pop in the oven in the morning, and have a stress-free weekend meal ready for your hungry family. Warm, rich and filling, pair this with bacon, ham or breakfast sausage, and fresh fruit salad to make a perfect brunch for special occasions like Christmas, Easter, Mother’s Day, or any day!
While fresh buttery, flaky croissants are soooo yummy, this recipe is best with day old, slightly stale croissants. If nuts are a concern, simply omit the pecans from this recipe, but it is so much better with them!
Kids In The Kitchen
This is a great starter recipe for your budding little chefs! Get your kids in on the action by asking for their help in tearing up the croissants into large, bite-sized chunks. Sprinkle the pecans over the top. Practise cracking eggs into a separate bowl one at a time to catch any stray shells before adding to a mixing bowl. Kids can mix eggs, cream, maple syrup and vanilla together before pouring over the top, with a grown-ups help.
If you’re making this easy maple pecan croissant french toast recipe ahead, cover with plastic wrap and press down slightly, to cover the croissants with the egg mixture. Refrigerate overnight, then remove the plastic wrap before baking.
Serve with extra warm maple syrup, or raspberry preserves! Enjoy!
- 8 croissants, day old
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 8 eggs
- 1 c cream (10% or half and half)
- ½ c maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Tear stale croissants into chunks and spread evenly in 11X13 greased pan.
- Sprinkle pecans liberally over top.
- Beat eggs in a medium bowl. Stir in maple syrup and vanilla.
- Pour egg mixture over croissants.
- Cover with plastic wrap and press down gently, until croissants are covered in egg mixture.
- If making ahead, place in refrigerator overnight. In morning, remove plastic wrap before baking.
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown and set in center.
- Serve with extra maple syrup.
Like this recipe? You might also enjoy these…