Easy Maple Pecan Granola
I was inspired to make this easy maple pecan granola after staying at Craigleith Manor Bed & Breakfast in Collingwood, Ontario, one of the Top 25 B&B’s in Canada for 2018, as chosen by Tripadvisor readers. Homemade granola as part of their gourmet, full-service breakfast offerings every morning. (Not that you need it with the amazing menu of hot breakfast options available!) The smell that wafts through the whole manor while a batch is baking just adds to the warmth and ambiance of your stay, especially in the fall! You can read more about about Craigleith Manor and Collingwood in Blue Mountain Getaway.
Homemade granola is so easy to make, yet has so many uses! I like to whip up a batch of this toasted, golden brown goodness to have on hand for breakfasts, snacks or to use in other recipes. Making it from scratch means no additives or preservatives, and you can control the amount of sugar (this recipe is fairly sweet, feel free to reduce the amount of maple syrup and honey to your tastes).
Breakfasts…try it with milk, warmed up in the microwave for 30 seconds, or stir into plain or vanilla yogurt. Add some fresh berries for a healthy kick!
Snacks…use granola as a starter for trail mix, add raisins, chocolate chips, m&m’s, pumpkin or sunflower seeds.
This recipe match a big batch that fits nicely in a gallon zip-loc bag, or air-tight storage container.
Easy Maple Pecan Granola Recipe
The ingredient list is simple, likely items you already have on hand. You can add other favourites, or omit as needed. My kids are not a fan of nuts, and all nuts are banned from our school lunches, so you can omit the pecans and coconut, but it tastes so much better with these!
- 6 cups quick oats
- 5 cups corn flakes
- 1 cup flax seed meal
- 2 cups pecan pieces
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup coconut oil, vegetable oil or melted butter
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, stir together wet ingredients. Slowly pour over dry ingredients, stirring as you go until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour granola mix into 11x13 pan. Bake at 250 degrees for 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes. Once time is up, press granola firmly in pan. Turn oven off and allow granola to cool completely in the oven.
Like this recipe? You might also enjoy these…