Chicken, coated in parmesan and mayonnaise, with crispy breadcrumbs. Yep, this one is a classic! A quick search of the internet (or mom’s recipe book) and you can find lots of variations on this recipe. Surprisingly, we only introduced it as a staple in our house a few months back. But it was such an instant hit with the boys (and so quick and easy), it’s now on our regular rotation.
Change it up
Changing up the recipe a bit, by slicing the chicken into strips and completely coating with the mayonnaise mix, made it less prone to being dry. It also made for better buy-in from my picky eaters (anything shaped like chicken fingers for the win)! And using both Italian and Panko bread crumbs together gives it more flavour and crunch!
Get the kids in on it
If your kids are like mine, and love getting their hands dirty, this is a good way to get them involved in making dinner (just make sure they wash before and after!) Easy to prep (you can even slice the chicken ahead of time), measure, and mix, it’s a great starter recipe for budding little chefs. Nothing screams fun to kids like getting your hands completely covered and gooey (using your hands really is the easiest way to get a good layer of mayo on the strips…just take your rings off first!)
This is a quick fridge-to-table meal you can make in 30 minutes. While I list measurements in the recipe, after making it a few times, you can eye-ball the amounts (makes it even faster and easier!) Serve with rice and steamed broccoli, and call it a win!
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup italian bread crumbs
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Slice chicken breasts into thick strips.
- Mix mayonnaise, parmesan, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Dip chicken strips into mayo mix. Make sure you get an even coat. (You might find it easier to use your hands).
- Place on baking sheet with thicker ends towards edge.
- Mix bread crumbs together in a separate bowl. With a spoon, sprinkle crumbs evenly over chicken strips.
- Bake at 425° for 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
Want to save for later? Pin it to your favourite Pinterest board!
Try another simple chicken recipe… Protein Packed Pad Thai!